Our Roberts Gingerbread Mix has been developed by us in Australia and is proudly manufactured here as well. It has a delicious gingerbread flavour and aroma and will hold its shape once cut and baked. Use for the very popular two layer number cakes, as well as shapes, figures and people. Just follow our easy recipe that requires butter, golden syrup and water. We are most proud of our recipe that has been designed to enable the home baker to achieve a consistent, even bake with no spread.
Just follow our mixing and baking instructions to achieve a professional result.
A 1kg batch will make 30 Gingerbread people using a 12 cm x 9.5 cm cutter.
- 500g Roberts Gingerbread Mix
- 150g melted Butter
- 4tsp water
- 6tb Golden Syrup
- Roberts Fleximat
- Roberts Thickness Guides - White
- Baking paper, rolling pin & cutters
- 2 – 3 flat baking trays
1. Pre Heat oven to 150∞C fan forced.
2. Melt & Mix Place 500g Gingerbread Dry Mix in a medium size bowl and make a well in the centre. Melt the butter in a microwave safe jug. Add in golden syrup and water and stir until combined. Add to the dry mix and stir with a spoon until the dough comes together.
3. Roll & Rest Divide the dough into two pieces. Place a sheet of baking paper on top of the Roberts Flexi Mat. Place one piece of dough on top and cover with a second piece of baking paper. Using the white Roberts Thickness Guides and a rolling pin, roll out the dough (6mm thickness). Slide the dough onto a flat baking tray and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Cut - Remove the top sheet of baking paper and cut into desired shapes. Remove excess dough (excess dough can be re rolled).
5. Bake - Bake for 17 minutes for large Gingerbread Men or 15 minutes for smaller sized biscuits. Cool completely before decorating. Store baked biscuits in an airtight container.
Ingredients dry mix:
Flours, [Wheat (Thiamin, Folate), Rice], Sugar, Spices [Ginger (1%), Cinnamon, Cloves], Whole Egg Powder, Raising Agents [Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (450), Sodium Bicarbonate (500)], Salt, Colour (155).
CONTAINS WHEAT & EGG.
May contain traces of MILK and SOY due to shared manufacturing equipment.